Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Healthy Avocado on Toast

If you're addicted to Tumblr or Instagram like I am, you'd seen a plethora of the "avocado on toast" pictures. As an avocado lover myself, I've always wanted to make this, but a substantial version that would be great for lunch. I came up with this recipe and have been eating it at least once a week since.



Ingredients
1 slice whole wheat bread
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 basil leaves
1/2 large avocado
2-3 slices beefsteak tomato
4 tablespoons egg whites
Salt and pepper to taste

To make this, I first made my egg whites. I used nonstick cooking spray and put them in a pan with some pepper. While those cooked, I then toasted my bread. When the bread was finished, I then spread olive oil and rubbed basil leaves onto the toast. This adds a ton of flavor. After that, I added my avocado and tomato slices. I then topped it with the egg whites and added some mango on the side. This was absolutely delicious and under 500 calories for the whole plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment