Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Chia Seed Pudding

Can you guys tell I've really been into cooking lately? This weeks recipe is chia seed pudding. I've seen so many recipes for this and came up with my combination of ingredients and toppings that taste great!



Ingredients
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 greek yogurt
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 tablespoon honey (or any sweetener you'd like)
1/4 granola
1/2 banana

The first step to making the pudding starts the night before. I added all the ingredients (minus the toppings) to a bowl and mixed them thoroughly. Then I let it sit in the fridge for about an hour, then took it out to stir again to make sure the chia seeds are evenly distributed. After this step, all you have to do it let it sit overnight, then take it out the next morning and its ready to enjoy! I topped mine with some coconut granola and half a banana.

I definitely want to try to out different versions of this recipe (I've seen everything from chocolate flavored, to the pudding with fruit compotes on the bottom). It's so versatile and has many great health benefits for you!

Also I have a question for you guys! Would you prefer if I included more photos in my food posts? I usually just post the finished product but if photos of the process and ingredients measured out helps, I would definitely be willing to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment