Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Caligraphy Workshop - The New Old Fashioned

Last Friday, the lovely ladies at Femme and Fortune hosted a contest for a free spot at a caligraphy workshop hosted by The New Old Fashioned, and I fortunately won! I was able to attend the Friday night session. The workshop was taught by Lindsey Buck, who's caligraphy has been featured in Anthropologie catalogs, floor sets, and does caligraphy as a side job as well.

When I first arrived, I felt like I had stepped into a Free People/Anthropologie store. It was beautifully decorated. Here's some pictures of the food and setup.





After about half an hour of mingling and getting to talk to some lovely ladies, we started the lesson. We first were taught some basic lines and swirls, then started tracing the alphabet. After that we went into personalizing our own alphabet and were given free range with whatever colors and papers we wanted to you. I found that I picked up the skill rather quickly, and felt that because the workshop wasn't too big, it was much easier to learn and ask questions.


Overall, I enjoyed the workshop so much and I'm so happy I was able to attend. We were also able to leave with a bunch of envelopes and paper to practice our caligraphy at home, as well as a cute tote bag. Here's the finished product! I hope you all had a lovely weekend!


You can follow The New Old Fashioned on twitter @newoldfshnd and on Instagram @thenewoldfashioned. You can follow Lindsey Buck on Instagram and Twitter @lindseybuck.



No comments:

Post a Comment