Tuesday, April 24, 2018

What I Bought to Update my Spring Wadrobe

So each season (though potentially unnecessary) I love to incorporate a few new pieces each season. Here's are some fun, inexpensive pieces that can not only work for the spring/summer, but transition well into fall! 

First up were these loafers from Target. While a pretty obvious dupe for the Gucci loafers, I've been eyeing a nicer pair of slip on shoes that can be dressed up or down. I was initially going to purchase from ASOS, but at $50 it was more than I wanted to spend on a trendy item. The Target version also come in wide width (hallelujah) and for the price I couldn't pass them out. I also like to buy "cheaper" versions before splurging on a better quality pair to see if I actually get use out of them.

Jenela Loafer $24.99





Last summer I purchased a short sleeve denim dress from Old Navy and wore it at least once if not twice a week. I figured because I wore that one so much, I could incorporate a newer version into my wardrobe. I wanted something that was a lighter wash and came across this one. I love this shape dress and knew it would go with everything. I'm hoping to get as much wear out of this one this summer. I also like that with the thin material, I can throw a shirt or dress over it to change it into a skirt and give it a whole new look. Denim dresses also translate great into the fall/winter.

Sleeveless V-Neck Shift Dress $32.99 (On sale for $15!)




My final addition was a new purse. All of my purses are black and for summer I wanted to get something that would still go with everything but not be as boring as a black bag. I browsed around for a while online and finally decided on getting was very out of my comfort zone, but I realized because I wear so many neutral colors, it would actually end up matching with everything. I randomly strolled into H&M before work one day and came across this gorgeous red crossbody bag. First of all I love how this looks very "designer", but only cost $18. I first was going to gravitate towards a neutral tan, but decided to get red on a whim and I am obsessed. It's the perfect pop of color that won't break the bank!


No comments:

Post a Comment