Sunday, April 15, 2018

The Skincare Product that Changed the Game

Good Genes, Sephora (1oz for $105, 1.7oz for $158)
When I first heard about chemical exfoliants... I shuddered. Chemicals on my skin? Of course I then realized that everything is a chemical at heart. In comes Good Genes. Sunday Riley packaging alone has always intrigued me and being surrounded by customers purchasing this product at Sephora regularly, I was curious. As someone who had used St. Ives apricot scrub in the past as a face exfoliant, I was due for an upgrade. Because of the high price point, I picked up two initially as a 100 pt perk at Sephora so I wouldn't have to spend money but also had enough to see if there were results. Well I blew through those quickly and was hooked! At first I thought, okay it's just the lactic acid and tried The Ordinary's version, but after seeing no results I knew Good Genes was different. This is the most expensive beauty product I've every bought for myself but was worth every penny. Ever since using it my skin has been more glowy, even, and takes in moisturizer better than ever before. I incorporated this into my skincare routine (which I will be doing a post on... but Good Genes needed it's own spotlight) every other night after toner and then follow up with the Fresh Rose face mask for extra hydration (Sunday Riley recommends using the Luna Oil... but I can't comment on how effective that is). I highly recommend this product if you have the budget for it! Sephora also sells it in a set with the Ceramic Slip cleanser for $28, as well as a set with the Luna Oil for $85 if you want to try both but don't want to drop over $100 on one product.



No comments:

Post a Comment