Monday, August 3, 2015

A Look Inside My Room

Now that it's been a month since I've moved out, I can finally say my room has come together nicely. I thought it would be fun to share what I have and what I did with the space. I will say I am very lucky and have a very large room to work with. Before I start, all the furniture is from IKEA unless otherwise noted.

Starting with my dresser, I'm someone where if I don't have things out, they'll never get used. This is why personally, I opted to keep all my jewelry laid out. This way I see it every morning and pieces get worn more than they would if they were kept in a box. This is also why I keep my shoes out as well on this shoe rack (which I got for $10 at Target). The only ones I'll keep in my closet are my "nicer" shoes.



Moving along to my side table, here I just keep my record player and a few candles. Nothing major. I also have a full length mirror off to the side until I can figure out how to hang it up myself (so it'll probably be there for a while). On the other side of my bed I have my nightstand (which tends to be used as my junk drawer). I tend to keep the top of this pretty empty and just have things I use every day on it like hand sanitizer and my glasses case (and of course coffee).


This bookshelf was one of the last additions to my room. I knew I wanted something in this space and I'm very happy with the outcome. I definitely want to keep it very minimal and not overcrowd it, but I still have plenty of room for more books.


Lastly we have my desk/vanity area. I'm still not sure if I want to use this table as a desk or keep it as my vanity. For ow I'm happy with how it looks and I love that all my makeup is out so I can see everything and force myself to use different products more often. I also use that tray normally for when I eat in my room so I don't make a mess.


Overall I'm very happy with the color scheme and layout of my room. Eventually I think I'll get some artwork for the walls, but for right now I'm very pleased with the atmosphere.


1 comment: