Wednesday, March 12, 2014

5 Minute Makeup

A lot of times, my friends will ask me what my go-to makeup essentials are for everyday. For the most part, I rarely find myself doing a full face of makeup, so these are a few products I find myself reaching for the most often when I don't have a ton of time.

Concealer + Powder

On most days, I don't use foundation, so a great concealer and powder duo are necessary. My all time favorite concealer has to be the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind (Drugstores - $7-8). I find the packaging/application of this product to be extremely fast and easy, as well as containing medium-full coverage. Though this is intended for the undereyes, I've used it on blemishes and red spots with no problems at all. Along with this concealer, the powder I've been reaching for has been my NYC Translucent Loose Powder (Drugstores - $2-3). Not only is this product affordable, but it works extremely well. This powder reduces shine and sets my concealer, without caking up and turning orange. Together, I find these products allow me to coverup any problem areas, without making it look like I have a ton of face makeup caked on.

Cream Eyeshadow
When you're in a rush and don't have time to do a full eyeshadow look, cream eyeshadow is amazing. There are many that I love, but the one I find myself using the most has to be my Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded (Drugstores $6-8). This is not only extremely opaque, but it applies smoothly and evenly. This also lasts through the work day without any creasing. Sometimes I'll set it with a similar color eyeshadow (Stila's "Kitten" or Urban Decay's "Sin" are what I usually reach for), but for the most part, I'll just swipe this on and go.

Mascara

I normally skip eyeliner with this look, but mascara is always a must. It not only opens your eyes, but gives the subtle definition a liner does. My favorite mascara right now has been the Covergirl Bombshell 2-in-1 (Drugstores - $9-$10). This mascara has two wands, which allows for not only volume, but separation as well (something most mascaras I use have trouble doing). The volumizing side has a rubber brush (first picture), similar to Covergirl's Lashblast, while the lengthening and separation side has a bristle brush (second picture).

Lip Crayon

Sometimes, lipstick can get annoying. It gets on everything and can become splotchy throughout the day. One of my favorite products to use for an everyday lip is a lip crayon. The Revlon Kissable Balm Stains ($6.50-8.50) not only last all day, but rarely transfer onto other surfaces (hence the stain aspect of the name). These lip crayons are also hydrating (hence the balm aspect of the name). My go-to color has been Lovesick (a nice cool-toned pink), but these come in a variety of other colors, as well as in a matte and shine formula, so there's a color for everyone. You can also use these as a cream blush before your powder if you don't want to get out more products.

So overall, these are the products I tend to use when I'm in a rush in the morning and want to put on some makeup, without having to use a ton of products. What are your everyday makeup essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment